Thursday, December 16, 2010

Once a huntard, still a huntard? part 1

I still remember the days that I first played this game. Logging in and creating a character called Therage. Ah, what a day it was! It took me ages to figure out how to play (spamming autoattack button for example) and I proudly hit level 7 on my first night of playing.

Dying to raptors lots and lots will always be etched in my memory.

I had no idea wtf to do, no idea at all. Then I hit level 10 and got my first talent point! Which skill do I put it in? I don't friggin know!

But then I looked up from between my hands and saw a lone priest running his way towards me and asked me if I was on a particular quest. I was! Yay! I'm saved! Starting a conversation with this guy I found out that his main character was actually a hunter. What luck! My questions started flooding in and thankfully he was more than glad to help throughout my entire levelling to 60.

Let me tell you, levelling to 60 was no easy task. Mobs pwned me, groups hated me for being a retard and I knew very few people on the server who had the patience to help me out. So I died a lot and a lot more. But I persisted. I had my ol' faithful bear that I tamed in Ashenvale by my side and I was (un)stoppable! I ganked, got ganked more than that and got camped multiple times. I knew that my time would come one day where I would be doing the same thing.

Blackrock is not a forgiving server, let me tell you that much. On Blackrock the rule was if you saw an enemy and you thought you could kill them you do it. The level difference does not matter. So as a lowbie levelling without any main to come in and smash campers I was bullied quite a bit. That was frustrating, but with patience I persevered.

I eventually hit level 60 and the tiny guild of four or five people I was in decided to merge with another, larger guild. This guild became my first raiding guild and exposed me to the wonders of level 60 content. Level 60 brought me challenging PvE, PvP and everything in between (i.e. guild drama). I still had a lot to learn and I still had a lot of fun things to do up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment