Monday, December 20, 2010

Lovemontes today!!!

My hunter is coming along nicely, that's for sure. With an average item level of 346 (3 333's, 3 359's and the rest 346) I feel he's coming along nicely.

Having spent A LOT of gold levelling leatherworking (~20k gold) and getting all the patterns I can (all the purchasable leg armor items, epic items, hunter/en sham resilience items and some druid/shaman gear as of current) combined with max fishing, cooking and first aid I feel like the biggest grind is coming to an end. Soon I will have all the heroic gear I need and all I'll run heroics for is rep, chaos orbs and valor points (oh and to help guildies out) and then all that's left is Archaeology (which is about 358 at the moment).

My hunter is Exalted now with Therazane and Guardians of Hyjal, both of whom provide me some nice lootz. Stay tuned for me getting Exalted with Ramkahen (approx 7k rep away).

It really helps to do your research to find out where the best gear you can get is. Using your skills to craft gear and your justice points to purchase gear is a great help. Get the epic patterns and craft the gear for yourself! 3 Chaos Orbs is hard to get, let me tell you that much! So don't be stupid and be attracted by gold once you craft yourself an epic item. If you really are serious about PVE content you will provide yourself the best gear possible before even considering filling your pocket.

I'm excited to see the guild level reach level 5, which it will be doing so tonight. The first things I will be doing will include clearing Molten Core, Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair and when I've got some time Serpentshrine, Tempest Keep, Blackwing Lair and other raid dungeons. The bosses drop good amounts of gold as well as great vendorable epics, patterns and whatnot. 5% more gold on 90 gold is a decent amount, plus more gold from vendoring means that it will be a pretty solid cash flow.

I would imagine that Wrath of the Lich King raids and heroics would be rather easy to achieve with a few people. When you think about it I have over 100k HP unbuffed, I am almost raid hit capped (reforging out of hit for heroics) and my bear has almost 100k health. Back in BC a Karazhan and Gruul's tank would have around 21k health. I think it's fair to say that damage dealers and tank stats scale about the same, this would mean that I am currently geared 5 times better than a beginning raider in BC. In reality, however my DPS would be more than 5 times better it would be more accurate to say 8 to 9 times better. My mend pet will heal for a lot so Karazhan should be soloable, in theory. The first boss in Gruul's may require more people. I will let you know how I go.

Blackwing Lair will NOT be soloable. You need at least 3 people (a rogue helps a lot).

I'll let you know how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment