Thursday, August 18, 2011

Firelands nerfs

This week a series of nerfs were applied to various bosses in Firelands and I got to witness the extent of the nerfs yesterday. Shannox and co deal less damage, Beth'tilac does too, Lord Rhyolith encounter got nerfed so hard I couldn't believe me eyes and Baelroc cannot cast Decimation blade on the first attack.

I can understand that some people may have found some of the encounters difficult, however I do not think that nerfing bosses is the answer. Sure, the healing requirements in a lot of the fights were high and probably the hardest part of Firelands. Tanking didn't seem too difficult on most fights and DPS had their fair share of challenges (Baleroc enrage timer, Beth'tilac phase 1 & 2) where they had to pull their own weight. It felt quite well tuned; not easy but not hard. Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent were much harder in their time, if you ask me.

I am looking forward to seeing Heroic content where I will hopefully get to see some actual challenging content.

We went in to Firelands last night and got five bosses down; an exremely great result for us. The entire rest of the week is new progression and I am looking forward to it. The bosses are now a pushover and I pity the fool that cannot kill any of the first 5 bosses now.

No comments:

Post a Comment